We invite you to participate in a learning event designed specifically for candidate support providers and facilitators. During our time together, participants will have an opportunity to calibrate their support efforts. Now that the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards has released all components and information about changes to the certification process, joining together to calibrate our support is essential to sustain a robust support network for Arizona’s teachers who choose to embark on the highly reflective, and newly structured journey.
During the event, we will also provide more information about:
- Arizona K12 Center funding assistance
- Small group cohort meeting schedules and expectations
- Candidate support provider expectations
- Types of candidate support available
- Advocacy and promotion for the National Board Certification process
- Future CSP learning opportunities
This meeting is intended for Board-certified teachers who were identified as Arizona K12 Center Candidate Support Providers (CSPs) during the 2016–2017 school year. This meeting will conclude with a working dinner at the Arizona K12 Center. We hope that you will be able to attend the entire event in order to further your learning, networking, and the support you provide candidates in Arizona.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the newly revised National Board Certification process
- Learn more about Arizona K12 Center candidate support and guidelines for the 2017–2018 school year
- Obtain access to newly created materials and strategies to promote National Board Certification with the new process in mind
Registration includes training, materials, dinner, and snacks.
** Should you need to book nearby accommodations for the dates of May 5th and/or May 6th, the Arizona K12 Center has a room block held at the Fairfield Inn-Midtown at the state rate of $130.00 per night. Please note the rate of $130 is available until Friday, April 21st. To book a room at this rate, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2puxdoo