January 14, 2017, 7:30am
January 15, 2017, 7:30am
January 14, 2017, 8:00am-5:00pm
January 15, 2017, 8:00am-12:00pm
March 4, 2017, 7:30am
March 5, 2017, 7:30am
March 4, 2017, 8:00am-5:00pm
March 5, 2017, 8:00am-12:00pm
**This event is geared toward candidates working on Components 2, 3, and/or 4. There will be considerable time to write, analyze student work samples and videotaped lessons, and reflect.**
This three-day workshop is specifically designed for new and continuing candidates pursuing National Board Certification who want to spend focused time planning, preparing, and working on their National Board components. Participants will be given a considerable amount of time to engage in planning conversations with trained support providers that will establish a course of action that sets candidates up for long-term success, as well as ample time to work on NBPTS components.
During this workshop, optional writing breakouts will be offered to help candidates learn what it means to provide clear, consistent, and convincing evidence in their written commentaries, in addition to preparation for their videotaped component. Technology experts will also be available to help with videotaping and file formatting needs. Candidates - no matter where you are in the process, this workshop will help you move forward.
You will want to sign up for this right away, as the event sells out every year!
- Reflect on and complete individualized goals.
- Write commentary produced in collaborative and/or quiet environments.
- Identify new goals, as a result of analytical reviews of NBPTS Components and coaching conversations with NBCTs in candidates’ certificate areas.
- Feel a sense of accomplishment for having participated in an engaging and collaborative work time.
- Breakfast on January 14 and 15 or March 4 and 5, 2017.
- Lunch on January 13 and 14 or March 3 and 4, 2017.
Private, overnight accommodations are included on the following dates:
- January 13 and 14, 2017
- March 3 and 4, 2017
*Breaks and materials will be provided on all event dates.