June 28-29, 2017, 8:00am-9:00am
June 28, 2017, 9:00am-4:30pm
June 29, 2017, 9:00am-12:00pm
While teaching is an extremely rewarding career, it is not without its difficult and challenging moments. As a beginning teacher, the challenges can be even greater. Our Beginning Teacher Institute is designed for educators that have one to three years of teaching experience. The focus of this institute is to help participants prepare and meet the everyday challenges of teaching.
We will begin our time together by analyzing the latest Kagan Structures in accelerated learning, educational psychology, and brain-based teaching to help teachers teach, communicate, motivate, and facilitate thinking more effectively for students within their classroom. In this practical, energetic, and dynamic session, teachers will hear and experience brain-based teaching techniques they can use to seize – and hold!
Day two will have hands-on, interactive sessions facilitated by Arizona Master Teachers and National Board Certified Teachers. These dynamic breakout sessions will focus on technology, classroom management, ELL strategies, College and Career Ready Literacy Standards, College and Career Ready Mathematics Standards, and differentiated instruction, just to name a few.
We’ll conclude day three with an inspirational closing session that will leave you energized and enthused.
Our Beginning Teacher Institute will be a celebration of teaching and learning! Make attendance at this event part of your own personal professional growth plan.
- Engage in self-selected breakout sessions around four strands of learning opportunities.
- Learn to create a positive culture within the classroom.
- Integrate technology across the curriculum.
- Learn differentiated instruction strategies, while making connections to the rigorous content of the College and Career Ready Standards.
- Learn to address ELL and SPED issues using a positive approach within the classroom.
- Link current practice and curriculum to the College and Career Ready Standards, while developing goals and creating instructional plans to meet the needs of every learner in Arizona.
Registration includes training, materials, continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks on June 27, full breakfast, lunch and breaks on June 28, and full breakfast on June 29. The Arizona K12 Center will book your room for the nights of June 28 and 29, if you choose to register with accommodations(*). The Westin La Paloma allows event guests to book additional accommodations for three nights pre- and post-event. To do so, visit: http://bit.ly/2k8QKfR. The pre- and post-rate is available until May 29 and is subject to availability.