The Master Teacher Program follows a distinct timeline. The information below may be used as a guide for both the Master Teacher and District application process. Please read the application information for the specific program to which you are applying to ensure you are meeting all deadlines.
The application cycle for the Master Teacher/Mentor Applications begins August 3 and closes March 25. All applications must be submitted by midnight on March 25, 2017.
- August 3, 2016: Application Available
- September 30, 2016: Notify the Arizona K12 Center of the Intent to Apply and Begin Compiling Data
- December 2016: Begin Case Study Utilizing the Professional Learning Plan (PLP) Toolkit (link to PLP Inquiry Cycle)
- March 25, 2017: Completion of National Board Certification or specified National Board Component 2 or 3
- March 25, 2017: Submission of Professional Learning Plan and Letters of Reference
- March 28-April 29, 2017: Applications Reviewed and Scored
- May 1, 2017: Scores Available
The District Application cycle for the Master Teacher Program begins August 29 and closes January 30, 2017.
- August 29, 2016: Release of Master Teacher Program District Application
- January 30, 2017: Applications due to the Arizona K12 Center by 4 PM.
- February-March, 2017: Applications Reviewed and Scored
- March 31, 2017: Notifications made to applying schools/districts